Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year's Resolution

The new year is upon us and every year I contemplate on what my resolution should be.  As normal people we all make these resolutions, stick with them for about a month, three if we are lucky... and then just let disappear as if they were never promised to begin with.  I can hear my family in the back of my head now... you should make one of your resolutions be to quit cursing (or at least a lot less).  Again, it would be an empty "promise".  Cause, let's be honest, that's really not going to happen and I personally control it when I am at work or around children.


So this year, instead of the age old promise of losing weight.. I am going to track my cardio fitness better.  I have my treadmill now and have a routine pretty squared away, so I will now on a calendar notate my miles vs calories burned.  Once it gets warm again, I will also use the watch/pedometer I have to track my outdoor activity, as well.


Secondly, I am going to go to the bank and set up a retirement/401K plan.  Since every company I've ever been with has had one, I am going to merge all of those into one and get my self set-up with just one.  This way I have better visibility of my financial future and can properly plan for that part of my life.


The one I am most excited about is fine tuning my cooking skills.  I am going to try one new recipe a week for the entire year.  I will also post pictures and recipes here for everyone to see.  If you are around my house and lucky enough, you might just get to try some for yourself!  I will be working on a six style rotation, some of these categories/methods cross over into each other, but this way I will continuously try new and different things!  The rotation is as follows: a Main Dish, a Side Dish, Dessert, Crock pot, Stove-Top (not the box crap!), and Bake.  To be able to stick to this, I will also be tracking this on my handy dandy calendar.  As not to set myself up for failure, I will give myself a week to prepare the dish, Sunday-Saturday.  What ever day works best for me.


Lastly, I feel like I am at a point in my life where I really have worked hard and want to have something nice to show for it.  Yes, I know I have my house, but I guess I am talking a little more extravagant!  I will buy a "new" car.  The reason for the quotes you ask?  I will probably never buy a brand spankin new car, but I do want something pretty darn new.  I've never had that and I think it's time.  Right now the options I am looking into are the Dodge Charger SRT8, Chevy Camaro or Dodge Challenger.  I have my little SUV that I plan to keep for Home Depot trips, but I'd love to have a nice car!


So there it is!  My resolutions for 2011.  Let's see where the year takes me and hope that I am blessed with a positive future!!

1 comment: